Mobile Home | Desktop Version




CAMISERO vs AKOHA 'NO CONTEST' RULING OVERTUNED TO CASIMERO KO WIN

By Dong Secuya
PhilBoxing.com
Wed, 21 Dec 2022



The Korea Boxing Member's Commission (KBM) has overturned the 'No Contest' ruling of the Johnriel Casimero vs Ryo Akoha super bantamweight fight to a 2nd round Casimero KO win, the Games and Amusements Board (GAB) of the Philippines has informed PhilBoxing.com.

During the 10-round scheduled Casimero-Akaho fight on Dec. 3, 2022 at the Paradise City Plaza in Incheon, South Korea, at around 44 seconds remaining of the second round, Akaho refused to continue to fight after his compatriot Japanese referee Michiaki Someya warned Casimero for hitting at the back of the head. Replay showed that Casimero threw an accidental right punch that glanced Akaho's back of the head in the heat of the action. Earlier in the round Akaho was badly punished by Casimero with a variety of powerful punches to the head and body. Eventually Someya ruled the fight a no contest.

GAB later sent a letter of protest to KBM.

Casimero's win against Akaho will now position him to be rated in the super bantamweight division and will facilitate his desire to fight for a world title in the division. Casimero (32-4-0, 22KOs) earlier won world titles in the light flyweight, flyweight and bantamweight divisions.

Below is the full statement by GAB:

The Games and Amusements Board (GAB) welcomes the decision of the Korea Boxing Member’s Commission (KBM) to change the result of the December 3, 2022 fight between John Riel Casimero and Ryo Akaho from “NO CONTEST” to “CASIMERO WIN BY KO.”

The KBM has convened two deliberative committees and discussed the issue twice. After its review of the fight and the evidence presented to it, the KBM has decided to declare a Casimero WIN by KO, thereby reaffirming KBM’s commitment to sportsmanship and fair play. GAB commends KBM Chairman John Hwang and his team for their decisive action and stellar leadership.

GAB supports KBM’s decision and will continue to support the said commission in its boxing regulation functions. GAB likewise joins the KBM in wishing Mr. Casimero and Mr. Akaho all the best in their future endeavors.



Click here to view a list of other articles written by Dong Secuya.

Recent PhilBoxing.com In-House articles:

  • BARRIOS vs GARCIA (FIGHT ANALYSIS)
    By Ralph Rimpell, Sat, 21 Feb 2026
  • FLOYD MAYWEATHER UNRETIRES
    Sat, 21 Feb 2026
  • WBC Introduces new award "WBC Main Event" world championship Chain & Pendant
    By Gabriel F. Cordero, Sat, 21 Feb 2026
  • WOOD-WARRINGTON II OFFICIAL WEIGH-IN RESULTS AND FIGHT NIGHT RUNNING ORDER CONFIRMED FOR SOLD-OUT REMATCH IN NOTTINGHAM
    Sat, 21 Feb 2026
  • "Rompete la Madre" documentary is now in the Mexican theaters
    By Gabriel F. Cordero, Sat, 21 Feb 2026
  • A Massive Weekend Ahead for Renowned Trainer Bob Santos
    Sat, 21 Feb 2026
  • Barrios vs Garcia: Where Art Thou Ryan Garcia?
    By Chris Carlson, Fri, 20 Feb 2026
  • Pacman bout details revealed
    By Joaquin Henson, Fri, 20 Feb 2026
  • IIEE to defend Billiard crown in PTC World 2026, World Champ Magpantay is PSA Awardee
    By Marlon Bernardino, Fri, 20 Feb 2026
  • Wood-Warrington II Press Conference Quotes: Everything that Was Said Ahead of Saturday's Sold-Out Rematch in Nottingham
    Fri, 20 Feb 2026
  • Manny Pacquiao Promotions Announces Opponents for Rising Stars Jimuel Pacquiao Jr. and Curmel Moton on Feb. 28 at Turning Stone Resort Casino in Verona, New York
    Fri, 20 Feb 2026
  • Rising Star Promotions Returns to Prudential Center April 10 LIVE ON PROBOX TV
    Fri, 20 Feb 2026
  • Sante Barley Trilogy Leg 1 on March 29 in Azuela
    By Lito delos Reyes, Fri, 20 Feb 2026
  • Team Rapid chess tourney goes to Pasay City on March 8 By Marlon Bernardino
    By Marlon Bernardino, Fri, 20 Feb 2026
  • 3rd Horse Show & competition scheduled on February 21-22
    By Lito delos Reyes, Thu, 19 Feb 2026