The Challenger: 5 Pinoy Fighters Ready for Action in Highland Boxing Promotion Nov 30 in Thailand
By Carlos Costa
Wed, 23 Nov 2022
BANGKOK, Thailand -- A record number of 5 brave Filipino boxers of different weight-classes are well-trained and more than ready to climb the ring for hot clashes as part of the coming Brico Santig's Highland Promotions show set to thrill Thai fans on November 30 at the plush SpacePlus Night Club, RCA Plaza, in Bangkok, Thailand.
Filipino boxers Jake "El Bambino" Amparo of Bohol, world-ranked John Michael "Striker" Zulueta of Bacolod, strong southpaw welter Ador Torres of Sorsogon, Vietnam-based Filipino rookie Arvin Jhon Paciones, and veteran Fil-Am "The Fighting Doc" JV Tuazon will battle it out in exciting wars, all of them to be live streamed free from Thailand to the world from the Highland Promotion's YouTube channel (the broadcast will be in Thai language).
1. In the show's main event, skilled 25-year-old Boholano Jake Amparo (11-3-1, 2 KO's), fresh from an outstanding win last month in South Africa, challenges WBA world-ranked Vietnamese Huu Toan Le (5-0, 3 KO's) for the WBA Asia 105-pound title, a rumble impossible to miss. South Korean Won Kim of WBA Asia will fly to Thailand to supervise the crucial 12-rounder.
2. In the co-feature, unbeaten 27-year-old Bacoleño "Striker" John Michael Zulueta (14-0-2, 7 KO's), a world-ranked warrior aiming at a record-tying 4th consecutive KO win in Thailand, will defend his ABF 108-pound belt from the furious fists of young and strong Thai challenger Suriya Kraimanee. The skirmish is a 10-rounder with Zulueta's world-rank, title, and undefeated status on the line.
(L - R): JV Tuazon, world-ranked John Michael Zulueta, Cebuano coach former world champion Joemarie Gamboa Sr., and welterweight Ador Torres during today's training at Highland Boxing Gym in Bangkok.
3. Also in action will be tough and focused Ador Torres (5-4-1, 2 KO's) of the beautiful Bungto san Santa Magdalena in Bicol's Sorsogon Province, clashing hard against veteran battle-tested fighter, former Muay Thai combatant Viroj Wanram in a grueling 8-round action-rumble in the welterweight division. The 27-year-old southpaw Ador Torres climbs to swinging hard for the fences, wanting to score another stoppage victory in The Land of Smiles.
4. In addition, 17-year-old Filipino light flyweight rookie Arvin Jhon Paciones (2-0, 1 KO), will have a more-than-tough 8-round mission when he collides against 18-year-old glory-hungry Vichith Oat (5-1, 2 KO's) of Cambodia. The talented Arvin Jhon is based in awesome Vietnam, the neighboring nation where his dad is a boxing coach. That explains why Arvin Jhon has already fought two battles in the Land of legendary revolutionary Hồ Chí Minh, winning them both.
5. The fifth Pinoy at war is Filipino-American "The Fighting Doc" JV Tuazon, shooting for another victory. Born in Manila, now living in New Jersey, JV wages war against strong Thai battler Kitsanai Aeksatjawatee in a 4-round struggle in the 126-lbs weight-class.
Importantly, experienced Filipino veteran coach, former world champion Joemarie Gamboa Sr., of Mandaue City, Cebu, has been guiding the Pinoys Tuazon, Torres and Zulueta during training, getting them ready for their impending battles.
MORE ENTERTAINING ACTION FIGHTS
- Six more international fights complete the exciting Highland Boxing Promotions show, including the return to action of popular Dutch-Thai super welterweight former Asian titlist Nick Frese (10-1, 8 KO's), trading bombs against fearsome undefeated Afghanistan warrior Ahmad Samir Dawrani (8-0-1, 5 KO's).
Nick and Ahmad will collide in the 7th bout of the evening. Eight rounds of leather in the 154-pound division. Would you like to miss this one?
- Moreover, the Highland show includes undefeated 27-year-old Pakistan 135-pounder Muhammad Shoaib in a 10-frame battle against much-experienced Hendrik "The Raid" Barongsay of Blitar, Indonesia, for the ABF Lightweight strap.
- In addition, unbeaten, hard-hitting, 24-year-old Hong Dat Vo (3-0, 3 KO's), from Tây Ninh in southeastern Vietnam (near the Cambodian border), collides against friendly, heavily-tattooed Thai veteran Vachayan Khamon, the boxer former Muay Thai combatant featured in the small role of "Tiger," in the award-winning boxing movie "A Prayer Before Dawn."
Does that mean that Hong Dat Vo needs to pray when he laces his brand-new Twin gloves to engage the popular Khamon? Will Hong be able to overcome the experienced Khamon? Or will the aspiring young Vietnamese boxer be schooled by the cool Thai journeyman? Hong vs Khamon is an 8-chapter clash in the lightweight division.
- The 4th bout of the evening will be women's action, featuring Taiwan-born Hong Kong fight girl Sheau Ru Yang (1-0 1 KO), squaring off Thai action lady Chadaphet Radchanavee I Ma Nae in a six-round rumble in the 112-pound weight-class.
- In welterweights, 25-year-old Asad Ullah (2-2) from the City of Quetta in northern Pakistan feels more than willing to climb the hot Highland ring to fight 28-year-old Thai combatant Jakkapan Sopathip (1-2) in a 6-frame skirmish. Asad vs Jakkapan is the 2nd bout of the show. The whole evening of boxing features 11 bouts.
But that is not all. Because the evening will also feature 7 MASFIGHT battles, one fantastic evening of boxing and MMA. Combat sports at its best, all in one place.
The cool show is a production of award-winning Filipino promoter Brico Santig of the Highland Boxing Team, in association with Thailand promoter/matchmaker Supanat Chanram, promoter/matchmaker Sasan Ghosairi, SpacePlus CEO Tony Chen, and Twin Gloves.
May the Best Men and Woman Win!
The author veteran boxing writer Carlos Costa of Panama will be at ringside in Bangkok. Carlos can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and Whatsapp +639184538152.
Click here to view a list of other articles written by Carlos Costa.
Recent PhilBoxing.com In-House articles:
Press Conference Notes: Robeisy Ramirez Ready to Defend Featherweight Crown against Rafael Espinoza
Fri, 08 Dec 2023PRIME VIDEO AND PREMIER BOXING CHAMPIONS ANNOUNCE NEW MULTIYEAR RIGHTS AGREEMENT BEGINNING IN 2024
Fri, 08 Dec 2023Flores, Ronquillo seek 2nd win in Cavite
By Lito delos Reyes, Thu, 07 Dec 2023DATAMATICS beats the 5-time champion Accenture
By Marlon Bernardino, Thu, 07 Dec 2023“PANDEMONIUM AT THE PALLADIUM 2” Press Conference Quotes
Thu, 07 Dec 2023Brandon Benitez and Rigoberto Hermosillo Training Camp Notes
Thu, 07 Dec 2023HANEY AND PROGRAIS FACE-OFF AS BLOCKBUSTER BATTLE EDGES CLOSER
Thu, 07 Dec 2023Cuban Boxing Sensation Yoenlis Hernandez Set to Accelerate Towards World Title Glory
Thu, 07 Dec 2023Boxlab Promotions’ Umara, Brown & Estela look to finish 2023 with a bang
Thu, 07 Dec 2023Pasig, Toledo clash in PCAP finals
By Marlon Bernardino, Thu, 07 Dec 2023Celebrity Chess For A Cause Event: Torre to hold chess simul in Pangasinan
By Marlon Bernardino, Thu, 07 Dec 2023The Past Week in Action 5 December 2023: Ryan Garcia KOs Duarte in Ring Return; Gill Upsets Conlan; Gwynne Stops Marsili
By Eric Armit, Wed, 06 Dec 2023Go wins Godfather Award in 3rd SYSA
By Lito delos Reyes, Wed, 06 Dec 2023Pasig hosts "Battle of the Future Grandmasters" set Dec. 9 and 10
By Marlon Bernardino, Wed, 06 Dec 2023PINOY BOXING 13: ESNETH DOMINGO BATTLES MICHAEL BRAVO FOR THE WBO GLOBAL FLYWEIGHT TITLE
By Maloney L. Samaco, Wed, 06 Dec 2023