
Hopkins vs. Murat Showtime fight on July 13 is canceled over visa issues?
By Chris Carlson
PhilBoxing.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2013

Hopkins.
Veteran Scribe Steve Kim of Maxboxing.com has reported via Twitter that the scheduled fight between the Legend of Longevity Bernard Hopkins and Karo Murat has been canceled due to Murat having visa issues.
Not long ago Kim, who can be followed on twitter @stevemaxboxing tweeted this ?It looks like the Hopkins-Murat card on July 13th is off, from what I?m told. Murat has Visa issues?. Minutes later he added this, ?Btw, SHO is now going ?dark? on July 13.?
Visa issues have been a thorn in the side of many events throughout the history of boxing. With that said you can?t help but to speculate that there may be another reason for the possible cancellation of this fight. Murat?s Visa issue if he has one could be legit. It could also be perfect timing for Bernard Hopkins to move in another direction. The fight was made quickly and for a man who has limited fights left before he hits the age of 50, there could be other factors that are dictating the fight being called off.
On Tuesday, Ryan Maquinana reported on CSNBayArea.com that he had been advised by Adonis Stevenson?s Promoter Yvon Michel, that in the event that a fight with Bernard Hopkins cannot be made, that he would be willing to do a two-fight deal with super middleweight King Andre Ward. Michel told Maquiana ?Adonis?s first wish would be to fight Bernard Hopkins?.
The writing is on the wall. Maybe some step aside money was thrown to Murat? Bernard would make a lot more money facing Adonis Stevenson and would also have a chance to once again add to his legacy becoming the Lineal Light Weight Champion. If he loses he could always go back to a fight with the heavy underdog Karo Murat or even a fight with Nathan Cleverly to try to end his career on a good note going out with style with a win. Another option if he won or loss to Stevenson would be a catchweight Super Fight in the London, England versus Carl Froch.
Click here to view a list of other articles written by Chris Carlson.
Recent PhilBoxing.com In-House articles:
GOLDEN BOY PRESENTS “I’M SWEET” FEATURING GABRIELA “SWEET POISON” FUNDORA
Sat, 30 Aug 2025Traya, Bactol, De Barbo, Porres in Action in Highland Show in Thailand, live on DAZN
By Carlos Costa, Sat, 30 Aug 2025Bisutti, Panya Make Weight for UBO World Title in Highland Show on DAZN
By Carlos Costa, Sat, 30 Aug 2025Turki Alalshikh the most influential boxing leader in United Kingdom
By Gabriel F. Cordero, Sat, 30 Aug 2025Bambam will flight ‘clean & disciplined’ against Requito
By Lito delos Reyes, Sat, 30 Aug 2025Carlos Flowers Ready to Blossom on the World’s Stage at 2025 World Boxing Championships
Sat, 30 Aug 2025Traya eyes KO win against Thai tomorrow
By Lito delos Reyes, Fri, 29 Aug 2025Navarrete's Future in Question as He Resists Rematch with Charly Suarez
By Teodoro Medina Reynoso, Fri, 29 Aug 2025Davao's Corteza beats Biado, Aranas enters round-of-32 in P2 Million Bata Reyes 10 Ball Open
By Marlon Bernardino, Fri, 29 Aug 2025Round 12 with Mauricio Sulaimàn: The Growth of Boxing
By Mauricio Sulaimán, Fri, 29 Aug 2025Toshihiko Era Retains WBF Asia Strap in Thailand
By Carlos Costa, Fri, 29 Aug 2025Boxlab Promotions Signs Rising Cuban Prospects Ronny Alvarez and Pedro Veitia
Fri, 29 Aug 2025Boxing Legend & Hall of Famer Roy Jones Jr. Confirmed for Eighth Annual Box Fan Expo, During Mexican Independence Day Weekend, Saturday September 13, in Las Vegas
Fri, 29 Aug 2025Vayson vies for WBA/WBO titles
By Joaquin Henson, Thu, 28 Aug 2025Mexican "The Rock" Zamora, three-time female world champion with 20 world championship fights, retires
By Gabriel F. Cordero, Thu, 28 Aug 2025