
CRAWFORD DISMANTLES BROOK IN 4; EYES PACQUIAO NEXT
By Dong Secuya
PhilBoxing.com
Sun, 15 Nov 2020

Terence Crawford reinforced his claim as the world's top pound for pound fighter on the planet after he dismantled former IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook dropping then stopping the Brit in round four to retain his WBO title at The Bubble at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas Saturday night (Sunday in Manila). Time of stoppage was at 1:14 of the 4th round.
Brook, who claimed and looked well-prepared for the fight, was sharp and appeared in control in the first two rounds, throwing quick jabs and lead rights as Crawford seemed to measure his opponent, fighting in the orthodox at first then as a southpaw.
Crawford began to find his distance in the third as he started to beat Brook to the punch. In the 4th, Crawford, one of the fastest guns in boxing, connected with a short right, that looks like a jab, to the head of Brook who staggers across the ring with the ropes preventing his fall. Crawford pursued Brook to finish him up but Referee Tony Weeks came in and correctly halted the action to count Brook for the knockdown.
Crawford pummels Brook to the ropes.
At the resumption of action, sensing Brook still groggy, Crawford went in for the kill and connected with lethal lefts and right all over Brook who at this time was badly hurt. Weeks stepped in at 1:14 minute of the round to stop the carnage as the fight appeared to be suddenly over before it even gets interesting.
Crawford notched his 37th victory and 28th stoppage of his unbeaten record. Brook, who said the Crawford fight was his last roll of the dice, absorbed his 3rd defeat, all against elite fighters, and dropped to 39-3-0, 27KOs. Brook previously were stopped by Gennady Golovkin and Errol Spence Jr.
In an interview after the fight, Crawford was asked who he's going to fight next, whether it is Spence or Manny Pacquiao. It was Arum who answered that Spence would never want to fight Crawford and that, Arum said, "the money is already there. Crawford and Pacquiao are going to fight in the Middle East. The fight was only held because of the pandemic. We are going to resume negotiations..."
Click here to view a list of other articles written by Dong Secuya.
Recent PhilBoxing.com In-House articles:
5 Pinoy boxers to fight in Japan
By Lito delos Reyes, Thu, 03 Apr 2025Transatlantic Clash II - "Battle at the Bridge"
Thu, 03 Apr 2025Marco “El Tiburón” Romero moving up to scheduled 6-round bout next
Thu, 03 Apr 2025Filipino chess phenom wins at Spring Blitz Chess Championship in Dubai
By Marlon Bernardino, Thu, 03 Apr 2025Team USA Advances Two More Boxers to Medal Rounds at World Boxing Cup: Brazil 2025
Thu, 03 Apr 2025IM Bagamasbad eyes GM title in Australian Chess Circuit
By Marlon Bernardino, Thu, 03 Apr 2025SAMPSON BOXING SIGNS TOP UNDEFEATED LIGHT FLYWEIGHT CONTENDER ERICK BADILLO TO CO-PROMOTIONAL CONTRACT
Thu, 03 Apr 2025TURKISH KNOCKOUT ARTIST ELIF NUR TURHAN PENS PROMOTIONAL DEAL WITH MATCHROOM
Thu, 03 Apr 2025The Past Week in Action 31 March 2025: Norman Stops Cuevas in 3; Mayer Outpoints Ryan; Zepeda Edges Farmer; Collazo Stops Cano; Yabuki KOs Ayala
By Eric Armit, Wed, 02 Apr 2025Wild and Wooly Wind-up Seen in West Top 3-6
By Teodoro Medina Reynoso, Wed, 02 Apr 2025Rise of the Samurai: Inoue vs Nakatani in 2026
By Carlos Costa, Wed, 02 Apr 2025Undefeated super middleweight prospect Tommy Hyde a true Irish Road Warrior In Australia for April 11th fight
Wed, 02 Apr 2025Melvin the Avenger
By Joaquin Henson, Wed, 02 Apr 2025WORLD-RANKED LIGHTWEIGHT ARMANDO MARTINEZ RABI TO FACE ALBERTO GUEVARA IN MAIN EVENT OF FISTS OF FURY 6
Wed, 02 Apr 2025Carlos Flowers Shines on Day One for Team USA in World Boxing Cup: Brazil 2025
Wed, 02 Apr 2025