
Dominican Republic Promoter Sends Saludar's Purse Balance; GAB Still Awaits WBA Response
By Teodoro Medina Reynoso
PhilBoxing.com
Tue, 04 Jan 2022

Filipino matchmaker Gabriel Bebot Elorde, Jr said today that the Shaun Boxing Promotion of Belgeca Pena has already sent the full balance of Vic Saludar's $35,000 purse in his failed defense of the WBA regular world minimumweight title in Sto Domingo, Dominican Republic last month.
Elorde likewise said that the amount remitted by the Dominican Republic Promoter included the reimbursement of his own advance for visa fees, travel tax swab test, hotel quarantine and meals for Saludar and two other people on return trip to the Philippines.
Albeit this development, Chairman Abraham Khalil Mitra of the Games and Amusement Board (GAB) said the government professional sports regulatory agency is still awaiting official response from the WBA on GAB letter questioning and protesting why Saludar was paid just $13,000 of the agreed upon $35,000 purse and relevant matters related to the conduct and result of the bout.
In their main event bout at the capital's Hotel Catalonia on December 4, unbeaten Dominican challenger Erick "Mini Pacman" Rosa Pacheco (5-0, 1 KO) was awarded a split decision victory over "Vicious" Vic Saludar (21-5, 11 KOs) after 12 rounds of boxing marked by controversial knockdowns.
According to ringside reports, Saludar pressed the action, but it was southpaw Rosa who dropped Saludar in round three with a cracking straight left. Saludar continued to stalk. Rosa was credited with another knockdown in round nine, but Saludar floored Rosa in round ten and upped the pressure late. In the end, scores were 116-109, 113-112 Rosa, 113-112 Saludar.
Not only the bout was officiated by all Latino officials, one of the judges was even a Dominican. A certain Magister Octavio Rodriguez, obviously a Latin American like challenger Rosa Pacheco and not one from a neutral country, was WBA fight supervisor.
The author Teodoro Medina Reynoso is a veteran boxing radio talk show host living in the Philippines. He can be reached at teddyreynoso@yahoo.com and by phone 09215309477.
Click here to view a list of other articles written by Teodoro Medina Reynoso.
Recent PhilBoxing.com In-House articles:
Questions Surround Tim Tszyu and Joe Joyce Returns to the Ring
By Chris Carlson, Sat, 05 Apr 2025Ancient Warriors, Modern Stage: Kun Khmer in America
By Emmanuel Rivera, RRT, Sat, 05 Apr 2025OKC, Cleveland on Target for Season Best Marks, Record Plus 60 Wins, Sub-20 Losses
By Teodoro Medina Reynoso, Sat, 05 Apr 2025NM Bernardino to join 22nd BCC Open 2025 in Thailand
By Marlon Bernardino, Sat, 05 Apr 2025Weights Locked In for Top Rank's ESPN Boxing Showcase in Las Vegas
Sat, 05 Apr 2025“REVENGE”: SHADY GAMHOUR SEEKS PAYBACK IN REMATCH AGAINST DEVONTAE McDONALD
Sat, 05 Apr 2025Heralded Amateur Star Elijah Lugo Set To Make Pro Debut on Saturday, April 5th in Philadelphia
Sat, 05 Apr 2025Team USA Collects Three Bronze Medals on Day Four in Brazil
Sat, 05 Apr 2025Warriors Buck Pressures, Whip Lakers, 123-116
By Teodoro Medina Reynoso, Fri, 04 Apr 2025May 4: Rohan Polanco-Fabian Maidana Welterweight Showdown & The Return of Emiliano Fernando Vargas Added to Naoya Inoue-Ramon Cardenas ESPN+-Streamed Undercard at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas
Fri, 04 Apr 2025Press Conference Notes: Richard Torrez Jr. and Guido Vianello Ready to Trade Leather in Las Vegas Heavyweight Headliner
Fri, 04 Apr 2025Avoided Kingsley Ibeh Demands his Seat at The Heavyweight Table
Fri, 04 Apr 2025Team USA Advances Two More Boxers to Medal Rounds at World Boxing Cup: Brazil 2025
Fri, 04 Apr 2025Undefeated Super Welterweight Prospect Alex Bray Signs Promotional Agreement with Boxlab Promotions
Fri, 04 Apr 2025PRE-SALE TICKETS FOR THE 2025 US OPEN POOL CHAMPIONSHIP AVAILABLE FROM 14 APRIL
Fri, 04 Apr 2025